Explore Traverse City & Mackinac Island
If you are looking to visit a destination that is beautiful all year long, look no further than Traverse City, Michigan. Near the time of cherry harvest, the city hosts the annual week-long National Cherry Festival, attracting approximately 500,000 visitors. The surrounding countryside also produces grapes, and is one of the centers of wine production in the Midwest. The Traverse City area features varied natural attractions, including freshwater beaches, vineyards, a National Lakeshore, downhill skiing areas, and numerous forests. In 2009, TripAdvisor named Traverse City the number two small town travel destination in the United States. With a package like this, you're sure to see the best of what Traverse City has to offer!
Mackinac Island is the truly "all natural" theme park of America.
Limited to transportation of horse and buggy, bicycle or foot,
surrounded by water, it has escaped the vast changes of time.
Its real Victorian image is preserved and enhanced by a small
population of 500 permanent residents and scores of summer residents,
maintaining bluff cottages in original state. Families, especially
children, love their relatively new found "mobility", exploring the
historic, natural beauty of Mackinac Island State Park, honored by
National Geographic as one of the ten finest in America.
- Two (2) night stay in one of our preferred hotels in Traverse City
- 18 holes of golf for two at the Grand Traverse resort with cart rental included
- $100 Gift Certificate to a downtown restaurant of the buyer's choosing
- $200 in Downtown Gift Certificates to be used at most stores and restaurants in Traverse City
- Two (2) night stay on Mackinac Island at one of our preferred properties
- Two Round Trip Ferry Tickets on Shepler Mackinac Island Ferry
- 18 holes of golf for two at the historic Wawashkamo Golf Club. Club rental included
- $200 Visa Gift Card for activities of your choosing on Mackinac Island: official carriage tour company, Butterfly House, bike rentals from Mackinac Island, etc.
EVENT DATES: Buyer's choice, with coordination from National Cherry Festival Office
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- All accommodations & tickets are dependent on dates & availability
- If the winner chooses to visit during the National Cherry Festival or Traverse City Film Festival, tickets will be included to those wonderful events.
- Must claim trip by November 1, 2019
DONORS: National Cherry Festival, Traverse City Tourism, Grand Traverse Resort, The Benser Family & Mackinac Island Tourism.