YESTERDAY’S INCIDENT IS TOMORROW’S RISK™
As professionals in the festivals and events industry, we find ourselves operating in an uncertain world with evolving risks from homegrown violent extremism, cybersecurity threats, severe weather events, and competing programs within a saturated market. Today, more than ever, it is essential that cities and local organizing committees adopt a proactive approach to managing risk, so they are better prepared to manage and recover from adverse events, both financially and reputationally.
This one-day workshop presented by Event Risk Management Solutions (ERMS) will provide you with a working knowledge of international and industry best practices for enterprise risk management, combined with practical tools & techniques to develop and implement an industry focused enterprise risk management program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Event planners and managers from local organizing committees, municipality and city special events staff, city Police Departments and private security companies responsible for special event security.
This workshop is also relevant for senior leaders looking for insight into enterprise risk management and organization resilience.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This hands-on workshop promotes an interactive experience for sharing industry experiences and perspectives between attendees and the workshop facilitator.
- International & industry best practices for enterprise risk management
- How to identify, assess, prioritize & mitigate risks to festivals & events
- Champions of Risk - tools & techniques for developing, implementing & leading a risk management program
- Secure by Design - principles for enhancing security for events & festivals
- The nexus between risk management & operational readiness – a risk based approach for preparing your team to manage adverse events.