· Entry Deadline: 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time Zone) – Monday, July 1st , 2013
· Entry must include completed entry, additional requested details and application form with payment
· Due to time constraints in judging, late entries cannot be accepted.
Applications for the IFEA World Festival & Event City Award may be submitted by the City itself or by an event(s) on behalf of their City. It is our hope that the application process itself will result in an even closer working partnership and dialogue between the Applicant City and the festivals and events who serve that market.
Judging of the IFEA World Festival & Event City Awards is done by an international panel of festival and event industry experts.
Award Recipients will be selected from within the following global regions:
· Australia / New Zealand
· Latin America (Including South & Central America and Mexico)
· The Middle East (MENASA)
· North America
And from the following population categories:
· Population under 100,000
· Population 100,000 – 500,000
· Population 500,000 – 1 million
· Population over 1 million
Additionally, one entry will be selected as the top global entry within in each of the four possible population categories.
· Regions and population categories may be combined as deemed appropriate by the Judging Panel.
· Politically connected islands and territories should choose the region of their most direct affiliation.
· An ‘Other’ option is provided on the application form to include any City that does not feel it fits logically into any of the seven regions.
· A possible total of 100 points may be awarded to each entry based on the individual components listed under Sections 1-6 of the overall entry.
· Failure to meet all requirements or answer/provide all necessary information may impact judging decisions and result in a deduction of points.
· If a section or element does not apply to your city, please state this within your entry (and why it does not apply) in order to avoid losing points.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
· Award Recipients will be notified via email by August 21, 2013. Notification will go to the primary contact listed on the entry application.
· The 2013 IFEA World Festival & Event City Awards will be presented during the IFEA’s 58th Annual Convention & Expo, September 16-18, 2013, in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. The top applicant from each population category, as judged against all global regions, will be highlighted in a brief video presentation.
· Applicants may re-apply for the IFEA World Festival & Event City Award each year.
MAXIMIZING YOUR AWARD
Being selected as an IFEA World Festival & Event City is only the beginning of the benefits to be gained from this special honor. The IFEA will help each recipient with ideas on how to maximize and leverage your award, with specific examples from previous recipients.
· Each winning recipient of the IFEA World Festival & Event City Award will receive an engraved award suitable for indoor display and an IFEA World Festival & Event City flag to be proudly flown or displayed outdoors or indoors. These will be provided with a personal letter of congratulations to each City.
· Additional IFEA World Festival & Event City awards, flags and recognition items are available for purchase by award recipients wishing to share their honor with the many partners who helped them to win.
· Winning recipients will be provided with the rights to use the 2013 IFEA World Festival & Event City Award Winner logo on their websites, press releases and other appropriate City letterhead, brochures, marketing materials, etc.
· The IFEA will announce all IFEA World Festival & Event City Award recipients in an international press release to the world’s leading media sources, including all local market media contacts provided to the IFEA by selected applicants.
· IFEA World Festival & Event City Award recipients will be featured in a special on-line tribute section at www.ifea.com in perpetuity and in a special section of ie: the business of international events, the IFEA’s industry-leading magazine.
· Each winning recipient will receive a one year complimentary IFEA membership.
RELEASE & USAGE
· By submitting your entry to the IFEA World Festival & Event City Award, you automatically grand the IFEA the right to use any materials from your entry for editorial, analytical, promotional or any other purpose without additional permission or compensation. All materials and photos submitted as part of the application will become the property of the IFEA.
· Entries submitted are not able to be returned. Copies should be made prior to submitting your entry, as desired. Note: Proprietary or sensitive information will not be shared if identified clearly.
· Winning applicants agree that the IFEA may use their City name and representative photos in all press releases and program marketing materials, both hard copy and electronic versions.
· Your entry into the competition is acknowledgement of these terms.
Working in partnership with local community leadership, festivals, events, organizations and businesses, please provide a clear overview and understanding of the festival and event environment in your City/Market through your responses to each defined section. The application process in itself is a great opportunity to evaluate internally the areas where your City excels and other areas where you may be able to strengthen your efforts and further support local programs.
Cities interested in being considered for the annual IFEA World Festival & Event City Award must submit and include the following information:
1. A completed entry form providing contact and payment information.
2. A one (1) paragraph description of your city (to be used for promotional purposes by the IFEA).
3. An email list of your local media contacts in Excel format for IFEA to use to announce the selected recipients
4. An representative photograph representing your City or Events. (A least 300 dpi in size).
5. A three (3) minute video presentation representing your City. (Refer to Important Details section below for video format.)
6. A one (1) page introductory letter stating why your City should be selected to receive the IFEA World Festival & Event City Award.
7. Your overall completed IFEA World Festival & Event City Award Entry providing responses and supporting information for the following sections. Refer to pages 6-9 for detailed descriptions required for each section. This part of your entry must be submitted as one (1) singular entry piece/document/PowerPoints/Pdf, etc.:
o Section 1: Community Overview
o Section 2: Community Festivals & Events
o Section 3: City/Government Support of Festivals & Events
o Section 4: Non-Governmental Community Support of Festivals & Events
o Section 5: Leveraging ‘Community Capital’ Created by Festivals & Events
o Section 6: Extra Credit
To view examples of past IFEA World Festival & Event City Award recipients, go to: www.ifea.com / Industry Awards / World Festival & Event City Award / Recipients.
TIPS & POINTERS
SEND ENTRIES TO
Please submit completed entries, application forms and payment to:
Entry forms and payment may also be mailed to:
IFEA World Festival & Event City Award
2603 Eastover Terrace, Boise, Idaho, 83706 USA
2013 IFEA World Festival & Event City Brochure